Recycling is one of the best ways for you to have a positive impact on the world.
Recycling is important to both the natural environment and us. We must act fast as the amount of waste we create is increasing all the time.
- Many materials can be recycled, such as paper, plastic, metal and glass. Other items such as furniture, electronic equipment, building material and vehicles can also be recycled but many people don't often think to do so
- Buy products that can be recycled.When shopping at the supermarket, buy products that can be recycled easily such as glass jars and tin cans.
- Buy products that have been made from recycled material.You can tell if a product is eco-friendly by looking at the label on the packaging.
- Avoiding buying hazardous material.It is difficult to recycle products that contain hazardous waste. Try to find safer alternatives to household cleaners and buy non-toxic products whenever possible.
- Recycle bins.Make sure you have a recycle bin in your home. Keep it in an obvious place so you won't forget to use it. Your local council should be able to provide you with a recycle bin that can be used for materials such as glass, paper, aluminium and plastic.