- stay away from bath toys with holes, as they are likely to have mold. Tomorrow I'm going to throw away the dukies!
- Scrubbing toys weekly
- Disinfect washable colorfast plastic toys with regular bleach
- Dust mites, place stuffed toys in the freezer for at least a few hours. Great idea I learned something new today!
Reduce your child's exposure to germs at school.
- Children catch about eight colds a year
- Wash your hands frequently throughout the day
- Check into the daycare facility's hand-washing policy
- Encourage you child to cover his nose or mouth when sneezing or coughing and after using a tissue, throw it away
- Make sure community toys are clean
I'm going to speak with my sons teacher about these tips because he seems to get sick a lot at school and then I get sick!!