Friday, June 19, 2009

Father's Day Poems

The things you taught me
The things you taught me I will always know.
How could I not? The roots have sunk so deep:
All lessons of the heart that I will keep
No matter who I am or where I go.
Kids learn from what their parents are, and so
You are my book of life, the thoughts I reap;
Only in your arms I quiet sleep;
Under my words your voice sings soft and slow.
From you I learned the rules of right and wrong
Against which I at times had to rebel,
Though with regret I carry with me still.
How lucky I am to have been loved so well,
Even as I pushed against your will,Relying on a father fair and strong





A Little Girl Needs Daddy


A little girl needs DaddyFor many, many things:
Like holding her high off the ground
Where the sunlight sings!
Like being the deep music
That tells her all is right
When she awakens frantic with
The terrors of the night.





Like being the great mountain
That rises in her heart
And shows her how she might get home
When all else falls apart.





Like giving her the love
That is her sea and air,
So diving deep or soaring high
She'll always find him there.

1 comment:

Holiday Treats